Raleigh

Goncalo

Retro Newbie
Good afternoon.
I, Gonçalo Silva, live in Madeira Island, Portugal, and I own a bike brand Raleigh.
It is an older model.
For the inscriptions engraved in the frame, and RV 66,786 B, consultations on the Internet, I gather to be a Mirage Reynolds 501 frame.....

Attachments

• Raleigh 19.. e troca o passo......jpg
    Raleigh 19.. e troca o passo......jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 470
It seems to be a bonded Raleigh mountain bike frame, resprayed form original colours of course. If it is indeed a Mirage, it would have had Reynolds 501 cromoly main tubes. The rear triangle, god knows, perhaps 501 material as well, or possibly mild steel.

Mirage consulted Raleigh bicycle pictures, and it seemed to me that yes, it is indeed the Mirage Reynolds 501, all steel frame. I have it since 1998, at which time I set up the vast majority of the material, which still works

Re:

Certainly looks like a Mirage or Montage frameset. BTW they were of traditional lugged and brazed construction, not bonded. The original colour would've been white or dark purple and will date from 89 - 91 more than likely. This would be better placed in the MTB section though rather than the road, despite it trying to hide it's offroad roots by wearing caliper brakes and 700c wheels :LOL:

Latest posts

Back