Carlton Road bike - Professional???

bencs

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

New to the forum, but looking for a bit of help. My father in law to be, has given me his old road bike which has been sat in the attic for nearly 25 years since he emigrated. I know its a Carlton and I think its early 70's possibly a professional model. Can anyone help me track down what year/model it is?

I am in two minds what to do with it as its a touch on the large size for me annoyingly but still ridable.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77517226@N05/

Thank you in advance

That is a Professional, and very nice too. Forks look a little different, but that's a top quality frame.

Re:

Thank you for your help. I thought it was but wasn't sure. Any ideas what these are worth? Left with three options really and been pondering what to do for the last couple of months..

1. Fully refurb chrome forks and all to original colours etc

2. Refurb but simple spray.

3. Sell it now as is

As I mentioned above I think it's going to be too big for me so I am reluctant to spend a lot of money refurbishing it if I am not able to use it and i end up losing money if O have to sell it on.

Carlton, lagoon blue, white and chrome. What else is there for a frame to have :). And in my size ......

Shaun

Re:

I always wanted one of them - beautiful. Size is a bit subjective - it's amazing what you can get used to

Re: carlton pro

hi nice looking carlton pro frame ,the forks arent quite right,but in 1969/1970 you could purchase this frame with quite a few different options brazed on cable lugs etc ,i have the same frame but not in as good a condition with no centre pull rear bridge ,but with correct slopping forks keep it as is and enjoy,cheers mark.

Any pics of your pro with the fully sloping form crown :)

If the OP is thinking if selling I doubt if it will hang around soon.

Shaun

Re: Carlton pro frame

Tried to upload photos of my lagoon blue pro frame but it says the file is to big ,will do my best to get them on here.

Back