Help with this Colnago

slebo3213

Retro Newbie
New to Colnago's and hoping I can get some help. I believe this is an early/mid 90's master frame, but I'm not sure how to confirm that. And I've read about the master Olympic/Piu/Light connections, but this one is just labeled "Master". So, where does this fall on the hierarchy? And is there any significance to the paint scheme?

Apologies in advance for the noob questions.

Attachments

• Colnago 1 small.jpg
    Colnago 1 small.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Colnago 2 small.jpg
    Colnago 2 small.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Colnago 3 small.jpg
    Colnago 3 small.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,117
Certainly looks like the real deal. Pic of the tubing sticker? The fluted tubes are a giveaway, but some other models also have SOME fluted tubes, but mani triangle should equate to Master.

Re:

Firstly, welcome to the forum ;)

You'll find we are very friendly here, and knowledgeable too, so if you need any advice building it up, just ask.

Secondly, what a sweet looking frameset! :cool: It does look like it has round main tubes, I'm not sure when they started using fluted ones, but I think this is an '80s model.

Look forward to seeing it built up ;)

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":idvmhcc9 said:
Firstly, welcome to the forum ;)

You'll find we are very friendly here, and knowledgeable too, so if you need any advice building it up, just ask.

Secondly, what a sweet looking frameset! :cool: It does look like it has round main tubes, I'm not sure when they started using fluted ones, but I think this is an '80s model.

Look forward to seeing it built up ;)

Mike

Thanks guys. Just got it and it's going to be a while before I have the cash to start the build. I don't plan on cutting any corners!

All the tubes - seat tube, down tube, top tube - are fluted. Apologies for the pics not capturing all of that.

Re:

A friend of mine had the same frameset for many years. He trained and raced on it, and rides more miles than anyone I have ever known. Built to last.

Where did you find it? Looks to be in great condition

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":mkkljucx said:
A friend of mine had the same frameset for many years. He trained and raced on it, and rides more miles than anyone I have ever known. Built to last.

Where did you find it? Looks to be in great condition

Mike

Ebay. It wasn't the most thought out purchase. I made an offer that I figured would get turned down but they took it. It's in amazing condition. A couple small chips on the inside of a chainstay and that's pretty much it. I'm almost afraid to ride it.

I reckon it looks like what I describe as a mark 2, on account of the clover at the top of the seat stay caps (rather than the Colnago of the original earlier ones) and the curved forks. Many of these had straight chromed forks and I suspect there may have been a choice as straight forks were considered pretty rad on introduction. It's end of 80s in my opinion. Got a pic of the underside of the bottom bracket?

It looks like its painted in "Team Panasonic Isostar" colours from the late 80's. But I think the team bikes had a Blue head tube? You don't see too many in that colour scheme. Nice frame ;)

Re:

Hi there!

I've recently became Colnago Master owner.
As everybody who bought vintage Colnago from someone who didn't care about it
I got into ivestigation. Lots of forums, sites... yet - only suggestions.

I see this topik is pretty dead, but the Master, posted here is THE SAME, mine is, but
the colour is different.

So, let's put some blood here - please help!

WIVCzReYLwM.jpg

Zw-ksuExTdY.jpg

xRB4jKHVe2s.jpg

RGreDniYGLA.jpg

McyK5RBG5Uc.jpg

eZPmaEk3dI8.jpg

gr87GzY_L8E.jpg

D1rr6GltHQE.jpg

z_L9oPQxfMY.jpg

GZAszUTNsbk.jpg

fib_9Zvzlzk.jpg

Back