Columbus tubing decal styles and dates

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've been trying to determine the year of my nortel.le SLX, and have so far not had much luck. It's almost definitely early to mid 90's, judging by the style, dropout spacing, paint design, and the fact that nortel.le went out of business in about 2000...

This got me to wondering about the columbus decal - is there anywhere I can find information on the various styles of decal and when they were used? Might help with the year...

The one on the nortel.le is pictured below, I don't remember ever seeing this style on a 90's bike though, I thought they'd gone to solid black lettering by then? Maybe an earlier decal on a later frame?

DSCN9992_zpsu2rdvez8.jpg

With those angular ascents and fades on the frame its very middle 90's. Seen very similar on Olmo's from the time.

With those angular ascents and fades on the frame its very middle 90's. Seen very similar on Olmo's from the time.

Re:

That is a 1985 Columbus decal, I don't think this helps with dating the bike though as decals were used up from stock before using the new ones.

but at least you know if it is the original decal the bike can't be older than 1985 :D

Back