Tell me more about my Guerciotti

zhang

Old School Hero
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about this Columbus SL Guerciotti frame that I have. I bought it as pictured below. The previous owner said he bought the frame second hand in the early 90s and had it built up with a couple of different groupsets before using it as his winter bike for the last couple of years in the configuration below (8 speed 1st gen Veloce shifters and some Chorus bits, Chorus/MA40 wheels with 7 speed freewheel) The frame has a couple of interesting features that I've noticed including brazed on cable guides for the shifter cable housing on the sides of the headtube, a star shaped hole on the bottom of the BB shell and pantographing on the fork crowns and at the seat cluster.

guerciotti.jpg

Can anyone help me identify what model/year this frame is from? It has recessed brake fittings so I'm thinking late 80s?

The guides on the side of the head tube are unlikely to be before the early 90's as they wouldn't be there before Ergo / STI appeared. :?
Possibly resprayed and had them added? The paint job looks very mid-90s to me. There were lots of bikes like Thorn Audaxes in that scheme.

Back