Global Cycle Decals on eBay. Anyone used em, decent quality?

trail-blazer

Retro Guru
Just got a Peugeot frame and forks back from the powder coaters and I'm looking for decals now. That seller has a wide variety of Peugeot decals but they want you to lacquer the decals ASAP to prevent damage to them. :?

My frame was done in gloss powder so no lacquer is required so I was wondering if their decals are decent quality and how they hold up without lacquer.

I'll just buy some coloured cut-vinyl decals if the quality is poor. Not worried about being factory-correct with this bike.

I'm busy returning some shockingly bad printed decals that I bought on ebay for my freshly-powdered Inbred. :facepalm: Going down the cut-vinyl route with them as well now.

Thanks in advance...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
avalonian":3oratwop said:
Hi
I got some decals for my Puegeot from here,well pleased
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bicyclestickersuk
Chris

Thanks for the info. Global Cycle decals have similar Peugeot decals for sale (a smaller range though) but theirs are cheaper.

I notice that the people you bought yours from also tell you to lacquer your decals as they reckon that's what the factory did. Not always the case in my experience and handy if your product isn't particularly weatherproof.

Did you lacquer yours?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Most of the older larger manufacturers had the decals made so they would be suitable to be lacquered when it had the original finish. This way they would be durable and last. Decals, printing etc wasn't as advanced as it is today as you see any of the old eighties mtb bikes with straight stick on decals and most of the coloured ones have some sun damage or fading. I dont think its a ploy for getting away with inferior decals.
Most Peugeots I've ever dealt with, admitedly nothing post 95, they were lacquered from new.
if they need to be lacquered then its a bit of a waste on a freshly powdered frame that you would then need to lacquer just for decals, I am sure there are a couple I came across that did vinyl reproductions. I was looking myself as I thought about a fresh white powder for an older Peugeot tourer.
I will check through my favourites list as I'm sure I saved it somewhere.

Jamie

avalonian":1krhlo4p said:
"Did you lacquer yours?"
No,don't seem to need it,time will tell

OK, cool. I'm definitely not going anywhere near my frame with lacquer.

They're cheap enough so I'll probably take a punt on some. The bike they're for will only get used every once in a while anyway.

I bought a set from Global about a year ago. They were friendly & accomodating to deal with, being happy to slightly customise a set for me, and threw in a freebie set of Reynolds decals too. They seemed good quality, but they're the first I've bought so don't have anything to compare them to.
I gave them 5-6 light coats of spray lacquer, and a year on after semi-regular use they've picked up one small nick on the downtube but are otherwise looking great.

Back