Raleigh Randonneur find

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I picked up this bike today for not too many pounds. The pic doesn't do it justice and I'll post a better one up when I've cleaned it up. No rust or scratches on the frame, everything original I think, except the cut-down bars. The previous owner had made some modifications but nothing permanent. He'd always kept the top tube wrapped in clear plastic to prevent scratches!

Reynolds 708, spare spokes stored on the left chainstay, Deore LX chainset and gears, Blackburn racks, Shimano bar-end SIS shifters, and LX/Mavic Module4 wheels, but the two bonuses with the bike are a Brooks Professional saddle and a Nitto Crystemblue stem - in anodized blue :p

Just my size but, because of injury I won't be able to ride the bike for three months so that gives me time for a complete rebuild before the summer.

Can anyone tell me the year of this bike - frame E23227. EDIT. Have just worked out it's a 94.

Attachments

• Randonneur.JPG
    Randonneur.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 645
MrW":2py3ept4 said:
1995 Brochure:

Great, thanks for the pic. That's my bike. I've started work on it and have fitted Randonneur bars from an old Dawes Galaxy. Mine has the black LX Chainset but the teeth are a bit worn so will be on the lookout for new rings soon.
I've decided to sell the Nitto Crystemblue stem as, from what I can see, they're quite sought after and I have a couple of other suitable stems.

Latest posts

Back