todays find...vindec speedster and vintage parts

artfulflounder

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys.....normally loiter in the mtb section but thought I'd share todays find.

Had a random knock on my door to find a work colleagues dad on the door step. Selling grans house and found this in garage, do you want it or it goes in skip.'well come in.

20150222_174451_HDR_zpshtr9zcc8.jpg

20150222_174802_HDR_zps2hih3zod.jpg

20150222_174702_HDR_zpsqmg8w3mc.jpg

Seat, cranks, chain guard, brakes,mudguards both full length and stubbies, finally at least front wheel.
Know its not too fine a specimen but the kids are going to love getting dirty recommisioning it.

They also left Two boxes full of Nos parts, not sure what is there yet, can see boxes with philips and sturmey archer parts, hubs, gear changers, assorted cables etc, most parts are still in boxes or original bags with part numbers.

Will have a look through and post some pics up see if you guys know whats there.

Vindec was the Brown Brothers (Large Wholesalers to cycle and motor trades) mark.
Is this a 24 x 1 3/8 wheel junior bike? I would guess about 1960.
Keith

keithglos":3h2uvo36 said:
Vindec was the Brown Brothers (Large Wholesalers to cycle and motor trades) mark.
Is this a 24 x 1 3/8 wheel junior bike? I would guess about 1960.
Keith

It is indeed the junior size :)

Cheers for the comments guys......

Few more bits found.

20150222_194522_HDR_zpsh8uskkew.jpg

Also in the parts boxes were nos block peddals plus a few sets of the white rubberised brake cables.
Need wheels but can get them new in 24 x 1 3/8 for not a massive amount.

Found a supply for stickers:
http://www.isaydingdong.co.uk/shop/search.php?q=vindec

So that just leaves the paint....? Certainly been well used but enough genuine paint on to really appreciate the colours.
Would it be best to clean her up, t-cut then reclear coat.
Try find close a colour match as possible and take it all off and start again.

Or just repaint in something age related.....oak green etc.

Would you guys mind if i put a build thread up seeing as its not a proper road/racer ?

Re:

That's a cute wee bike that deserves to be saved. I reckon either touch up and clear coat or respray in original colours especially as you've got the matching mudguards.

By all means start a rebuild thread.

Mark.

Nice find! I think it looks good as it is, a clear coat over the frame and a build up and it'll look fantastic :cool: .

Back