The Mendip Mauler 22 March 2015 ** New Sportive warning **

bugloss

Retrobike Rider
The Mendip Mauler

Greetings Retrobikers,

I ran The Mendip Mauler Retro Road Ride last year and we had a thoroughly splendid day larking about in the cyclo paradise of The Mendips.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=287001

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=289542

I can guarantee the following for the day. Hills, but not killer ones, speed, weather and cheesy grins.

Ok, it's in the calendar for the 22 March with a 9am start at Priddy on The Mendips.

Attachments

• It's woolley 037.jpg
    It's woolley 037.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 806
  • Up Cheddar.jpg
    Up Cheddar.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 806
Re: Anyone interested in a re run of The Mendip Mauler

Hello to you too Uncle Monty, glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully we can drum up enough interest for a repeat.

ADAM !!!! Where the heck have you been ?? I have some moaning bagged up for you!

Yep put me down ...I'm fat...er and slower but I know where the cafe it :cool:

Chris if my calculations are correct with your weight loss program you must be transparent now?? :LOL:

Hi Dave, I've been frequenting service station forecourts in the middle of the night with some weird types and doing some general skulking.

Don't worry about the speed 'coz I'm doing a hilly the day before, so I'll be hanging and bringing up the rear. I believe Bobbinogs may be there too, but he's gone for the lightweight version. ;)

It'll be great to see you all again, it's been a long time since we rode together.

Re: Anyone interested in a re-run of The Mendip Mauler

Here's the route we took last time, don't sweat over the ride elevation profile. It's not as bad as it looks..........honest :evil:

http://www.strava.com/routes/193227

There may be some slight changes, as there was some disappointment from several participants last time about us not actually riding up Wookey's Hole and only skirting gingerly around the rim.

Do you think this will happen? I have been asked to join friends on a sportive in Northamptonshire on the same day :facepalm:

Re:

I'm in the area anyway and am willing to do the leg work, but if there isn't more than 3 of us and you've got the prospect of a sportive, then we could leave it for another day.

We could always just meet up for a ride some other time and I'll stay in Wales or go to Kent with Uncle Monty on Sunday and do a 200 and have tea and caik, if he feels like popping his audax cherry.

What do you reckon Uncle Monty, fancy a steady ride round this instead ?

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-34/

Need to check the calender (and availability of St Johns ambulance), but am interested.

Re:

:D I haven't vanished yet Daj. Colds, lack of riding and Christmas eating have taken their toll.

If the Mauler doesn't go ahead as planned, then yes, I will give the 200 a go. But I would much rather go to Cheddar in search of fine wines and cake....

Chris.

Back