Raleigh Panasonic 531 / 753 help needed.

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Ok guys I need some help. I'm looking to create myself a Panasonic rep from a 88/89 Raleigh 531 frame.

What I need to know are some measurements, I need to know:

how far down is it from the point of the lug on the seat tube to where the red stripe is. (so I know how much blue to have painted there)

how is it from where the down tube joins the head tube to where the red stripe starts (again so I know how far down that tube to bring the blue)

how far from where the top tube joins the head tube to where the stripe starts (same as above so I know how far along to bring the blue).

Its gona be a 23" ish frame if that makes a difference .

Cheers in advance.

Aren't all the stripes just decals and not paint? Or am I getting confused..................

Shaun

The red and yellow stripes are decals indeed, but I need to know how far along the blue comes on each tube before the stripes start. And on the seat tube I believe that the blue is also painted on the 531 / 753 frames rather than a decal like on the steal versions or the BMX's.

Will measure my Team Corsa for you later if that's ok?

The seat tube one is a decal, but happy to measure that as well...

My '86 Team Corsa

From the point of the lug on the seat tube: 80mm

From the head tube to the top tube: 90mm

From the head tube to the down tube: 160mm

(the top tube and down tube are parallel with each other, so geometry may alter this slightly)

This is on my 62cm 1986 Team Corsa

Hope these help! :)

Which one do you have Ian ? My painter would be able to paint them on if needed, we could just use the decals a templates.

Re:

If I remember rightly, the decals from H Lloyd have the red and yellow stripes on them..

At first glance the ones on my Team Corsa looked like they were painted on, but they are definitely lacquered over decals.

Back