Lost my Shimano crank remover..modern equivalent?

Midlife

Retro Wizard
Afternoon :)

Typical, I can't find my old trusty 22mm Shimano crank remover which I have had since the 70's :(

Is there a modern equivalent I can find of good quality? I was looking at the Shimano TL-FC10. I guess it will work on all 22mm cranks (Shaimano / Campag / SR).

shimano%20crank%20extractor.jpg

Thanks

Shaun

Re:

The park one that Legrandfromage posted works fine it is what I use in the shop. Park do a version like what you had too but I like the one with a handle as it means only picking one tool up. Lazy I know.

Hopefully managed to get hold of the icetoolz equivalent from a member on here. I've got some icetoolz kit and seems pretty respectable :)

Shaun

Re:

The only update they've had is an additional wider attachment for the end so ISIS and Octalink style cranks can be removed.
This is removable for square tapers.

Not only can I not find the shimano remover I can't find my campag or more rare 23.2 mm jobby. I've put them all somewhere for safe keeping but not sure where :)

Shaun

at least you know they're safe! :LOL:

I've had a cyclo-tools (I think that's the name) for probably nearly 20 years and it's still going good. Icetoolz are generally very decent for the price, but their chain splitter is useless. I've had the pins bend on two of them, without much use or much force being applied.

Everything else I've had of theirs has been good though

Shaun, the easiest way to find your tools is to buy replacements. As soon as they turn up, so will the old ones :LOL:

Back