Neo retro Bobbin Scout - with free hipster beard

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The missus has bought me one of these from Wiggle. 25% off original RRP so it works out better value than if I built similar from second hand parts

£374.24 delivered, I cant complain

I've wanted one since I saw them at a shop in Devon a couple of years ago.

Gold chainring bolts on the way and a nicer looking headset maybe.

Thing is, I've seen this before when I had a Raleigh Road Ace a few years ago but I wanted to modify that to run better brakes and gearing but by the time I'd replaced a few bits to make it mine, I may as well have bought the Bobbin.

Anyway, a bit of a nod to the old Raleigh.

2014Scout1.jpg

file.php

Looks good mate! I've not seen them before.
Certainly looks good value for money.
Enjoy :)

Jamie

It's mostly SA / Microshift with diacomp. I couldn't build this separately for much less but would never have paid full retail.

THM, your Overburys is very niche in that size. And besides, no rust, no rebuilding required, no need to repaint

I'm looking forward to tweaking it. I can see a handlebar waterbottle mount maybe and a small saddlebag

Just been pricing a few things - just cant match an old steel frame in good nick with parts and associated ephemera to compete with this price.

The Road Ace was 27" wheels and had those terrible Weinmann brakes plus a well used freewheel. I could have spent £200 'modernising' and still not have been happy.

Cant believe the price of a Carradice bag though! Small leather bag it is then and as above, a few tweaks to make it my own

Have a look at my ex raleigh, worn freehub, rubbish brakes, awkward tyre size, rubbish shifting then look at the bobbin hipster. Then look on ebay, here etc and try and price up so something that isn't rusty or needs new new new to make it rideable.

Latest posts

Back