Viscount Tulsa GL

ribbit

Dirt Disciple
Have just bought one of these (yet to collect it) and wondered if anyone had any information on them?

Probably collecting at weekend and then decide whether to try and restore it or what. Apparently the last owner has had it for 30 years so it's probably fairly original. Any ideas anyone?

If you do resore it the combination of the suicide brake levers and the shifters on the stem do not bode well for one's gentlemans vegetables !!

Shaun

Re:

The one in the picture appears to have been hit at the front, and the front wheel is back about 1 - 2 inches.

Keith

Re:

Oh cr*p - I didn't have another to compare it with. So you think it may have had a front impact? Doesn't seem to be any fork damage or distortion, but who knows.

The picture is the actual one I bought, and I have now taken a lot more pics of the bike as is. It's a Taiwan made model.

I wondered abnout the gear shifters on the stem - would they have been like that originally? Haven't seen that before, but it looks as if they are supposed to be there?

Wheels are in a bad state so I don't know whether to rebuild them or just replace with polished alloys. Originality sometimes has to make way for cost and practicality..........

If I can find the time, I'll upload all the pics to a fotobukit album and post a link. Here's one pic I took this morning:

Blacktopdisciple":5qgpx1ea said:
A close up of the head, top and down tube would help. I had a Viscount of that era, it was the 5 speed Nevada model.

There are a few more photos here: http://s743.photobucket.com/user/DivvyD ... Tulsa%20GL

The bike is now completely stripped and the frame & forks are being taken back to bare metal for a respray. I can't decide what colour to do it though - should I stick with the gold, or go for something different? I was toying with the idea of either metallic black, red or burnt orange, as any of those would look ok with the gold mudguards (if I decide to fit them - they cleaned up really well, look new really).

I think the wheels will have to go - it just won't be an economical prospect to refurbish them IMO, so may go with alloy 700c's instead. If anyone has a pair they want to go to a good home, I might be interested ;)

Saddle looks pretty sorry too, so may have to change that.........

Any helpful comments or advice always appreciated :D

Re:

Still a few things to do (brake levers, chain & cables) but looking a little better now :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back