Shimano AX cassette query

Taul Paul

Devout Dirtbag
Hello
Is the 4th sprocket correct? in my cassette that I'm pointing at. It has
different tooth shape to the rest. Just wondered if this was done for a technical reason is
it a rouge sprocket.

TP

Attachments

• ax 6 speed.jpg
    ax 6 speed.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 413
with uniglide cogs you can ride them flipped around to double the wear/life ( except the small threaded one )

Re:

Bearing in mind the follow up post it does look as if that sprocket is well worn and then reversed. As the rest are not it suggests that the cassette is a bitsa. Of course there could well be another reason

Your sprocket isn't worn! The angled sprocket is a so called 'super shift' sprocket, seems you only have one fitted, have a read..

http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Shi ... ge_10.html

On my Raleigh..
rraa031_zpsda4e6e52.jpg

Thanks fellas
The sprocket is a rouge one. On dismantling the cassette, it was clear the plating colour was different. I have got a replacement 17T one from eBay.de.

Thanks
TP

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Rouge

Lets not fault pick the fella! Even I knew what it was but didn't say anything, after all not everyone is perfect :|

I know, just made me smile.
The thought of a rouge sprocket....... I mean, you can get gold, red, yellow, blue, but the thought of a Rouge sprocket tickled me. :)

Back