Paganini CX cyclocross frame & fork

neo_pop_71

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hello-

Happy New Year!

My big find at the end of 2014 was a lugged Paganini cyclocross frame and fork that came with a Chris King 2Nut headset. I know having searched the archives here and the C&V on Bike Forums that Paganini was the house brand for Plum-Vainqueur in Gent. That's where my solid info begins and ends, any additional information or photos would be great and very much appreciated. The tubing is unknown as the prior owner began sanding down the frame, thankfully I do have the original color on the fork should I decide to match when it goes to the painter. A very helpful C&V member, unworthy, felt that the Campy post being 27.0mm points to the frame Columbus SP rather than SL tubing. The frame has some very nice lug work with clean cut aways, plenty of pantographed "P" on the lugs as well as the lugged box crown fork, and Campagnolo drop outs front and back. The frame came with a Campagnolo seat post that is drilled for routing the rear brake cable and there is a steel ferrule . The info on the web about Paganini being a Dutch bicycle house brand with frames made in Italy but there is debate over who made the frames, does anyone know for sure? Everything I've found thus far has been road or touring related, nothing yet for cyclocross bikes. Are there any Paganini owners out there that could help date this bike? Anyone have a catalog or catalog info to share? Please let me know, I'd like to nail down some details about the bike such as the original component group.

I'm having issues uploading photos of the frame and fork. Here is a link to my posting in the C&V section on Bike Forums, there a many detailed photos:

http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vinta ... hanks.html

Thank you in advance for help, I appreciate you taking the time!

Best regards,

-D-

Back