Emrin bike

nick_bike

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone!

Does some one have an Emrin bike for sale or knows one?

I've been searching for a long time now...

Never heard of Emrin until now, so just had a quick look on Google out of curiosity. Lovely Belgian bikes, those… can see why you're after one. How much do they usually go for?

Re:

Hey,

I have an old Emrin frame and forks, plus a stem lying around. They are in very rough
condition, though. Frame has been (badly) resprayed as a Colnago, and would need a full
resto which would be a major project.

Size is 56cm cc seat tube.

If you're interested, let me know and I will try to dig out some photos.

Johnny

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I don't know how much they are worth, but I know someone ho's selling his... (I think it's a colnago frame)
How much do you guys think this bike is worth?

Johnny, if you have some picture, i'm always interest in some ermin bike foto's.

Attachments

• image-2015-01-02.jpg
    image-2015-01-02.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 608
Re:

Hey Nick,

Ha! I saw that bike online a while ago when I was thinking about restoring my Emrin (I gave
up because mine is too small for me).

About the value, it's hard to say. I think between Eur250-300 would be a fair price. It seems in very good condition. Problem is that if the seller restored it himself, he may be looking to get back some of what he spent on the resto, which would push up the price.

I've also heard that the Emrin frames were actually built by Colgano. My frame has the typical Colnago end caps on the seat stays by the saddle.

If you PM me your email address, I'll send the pictures on to you.

Cheers,

Johnny

Re:

I think the frames were specially made for Emrin by Colnago, so it would not really be a particular Colnago model (Super, Master etc).

The shop had (probably still has) a particularly good relationship with Colnago because they were one of the main importers of Colnago in Belgium.

There was a documentary about Emrin on Belgian TV a couple of years ago, pretty interesting. They were the first company to start selling xxxl bike clothing, because they realised a lot of their customers were middle aged men with a liking for fries with mayonnaise :)

Latest posts

Back