Barbon frame (Builded oh yeah)

Giannoutsos

Dirt Disciple
Hi all and happy holidays,
anyways I got this Barbon steel frame that I want to build up.
The only numbers at the bottom are 56 and 95.
It has campagnolo dropouts and is very light, the paint and chrome is in ok condition. I would like to find out as much info as possible so I can buy the right parts for it modern or older.
For photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/93216835@ ... 569090820/
Thanks in advance. John

Re: Barbon frame

Hi, welcome to the forum. 'Barbon' is a new brand to me, not come across it before. Do you know where it originates? The 'mesh fade' paint scheme suggests late 80's to me and the general style of the frame looks Italian.

Any help so far?

Re:

Thanks, for your answer,
From what I have found Barbon must be the name of the athlete that the bike was made for. At the bottom of the frame the two numbers suggest 56 frame size which it is and the 95 should be the year, although the paint scheme suggests late 80ies. Under the bb it is stamped cinelli but someone must have put the cinelli stickers.
I am more towards a newer campagnolo groupset 8,9 or even 10 speed.
The back is 130 what do you people think?
I have also managed to get a pair of wolber tubular wheels with suntour superbe centres.
John

Italian race teams did their own brands of bikes and many of them, using strange flamboyant names this is surly one of those!

Ian Raleigh":lqbmblkn said:
Italian race teams did their own brands of bikes and many of them, using strange flamboyant names this is surly one of those!
Thanks for your answer, that explains why it is so light.

Well "Barbon" It is an old English surname, not italian. And I doubt an athlete would have his initials engraved into a stem and fork crown! (rub off frame decals/ stickers.. yes)

The stem is a 3ttt "Criterium" - introduced in 1985 and ceased in the early-mid 90's. rare to see it in a gunmetal grey finish - perhaps as to supplicate the Shimano 600 groupset of the early 90's in the same gunmetal colour finish.

The 130mm rear spacing would indicate year 1990- onwards, as 126mm's last year was 1989.

Is the bottom bracket italian thread?

Barbon seems to have a Spanish ring to it from my somewhat fuddled memory ?

Shaun

Here you go!

Thanks to Lucio Belli who lives in Venice.....

Barbon was based in Veneto region (Verona Padova Venice)

They are based near Treviso...near Pinarello,a small shop still on business,but sadly no website! probably (almost sure) the frame was brazed not by Him.

Barbon Egidio Officina Riparazione Cicli
Via Guizze,19/1
31020 Villorba (TV)
Tel: 0422.92580

Back