Atax plastic seatpost

Re:

All I know is I am pretty sure I had one of those back in about 1986 ish :shock: I had forgotten all about it until I saw the picture :oops:

Never seen one before! It's horrid and needs to be put in a category as... 'the most awful looking seat post ever'

i know its french but there are only alloy ones on velobase , it looks like a thin steel tube is inside the plastic , It will suit my alloy/black build !! and especially the black plastic Modolo Kronos gear levers (that image is from google)

Re:

I think they only made them for a short time, it was around the time of the Kronos equipment and they do compliment it well, these components were made from thermoplastic and I think the metal part may be part of the molding process.

Maybe a nice Ofmega Mistral rear derailleur would look cool too :xmas-big-grin:

@ Ian, I don't know it has a certain je ne sais quoi, ne est-ce pas ? :xmas-wink:

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":1tgj0o6f said:
Maybe a nice Ofmega Mistral rear derailleur would look cool too :xmas-big-grin:
@ Ian, I don't know it has a certain je ne sais quoi, ne est-ce pas ? :xmas-wink:
Maybe not the pink or blue version rear mech!

Thinking about it the seat post would go well with the other black plastic stuff but not in the same league as the Kronos though.

Maybe add this plaggy post to the cheapo Weinmann black Delta Pro's :LOL:

i don't speak french sorry but I already have a super record derailleur and some other stuff for it

Attachments

• 391.JPG
    391.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 687
  • 461.jpg
    461.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 687
Re:

Maybe add this plaggy post to the cheapo Weinmann black Delta Pro's :LOL:

OUCH :!: :!: :!: :LOL:

I had many plastic bike parts in the 80's only one that snapped on me was a Modolo Orion brake lever :xmas-wink:

Re:

I had one of these back in 1987 ish, it was pretty light but for some reason it got stuck and was a pain to get out! I think the plastic picked up on a burr inside the tube and that was it, heating it up was not an option so had to cut it into pieces to get it out. Still got a couple of pairs of Modolo Kronos brake levers, very light but wouldn't like to use them in anger!

Re:

Je ne sais quoi = a certain something
Ne est-ce pas = does it not

Some very cool bits there, love the saddle :xmas-cool:

Back