Rotrax model id

94chas

Dirt Disciple
Hi all
can anybody tell us what model rotrax this is been in my friends garage for years he thinks its 50,s orgional paintwork any idea of value he isn,t going to use it anymore.
Many Thanks
Regards Chas

Attachments

• 009_opt.jpg
    009_opt.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 507
  • 010_opt.jpg
    010_opt.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 506
  • 012_opt.jpg
    012_opt.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 507
If it's a 50's frame then it was 'updated' in the 80's with new components. Did Rotrax have 'models'?

Old Ned said:
If it's a 50's frame then it was 'updated' in the 80's with new components. Did Rotrax have 'models'?
Thanks for reply, Yes the components are a lot newer than the frame,as for models I have no idea,just assumed they did.
Regards Chas

Rotrax do use model names, from the 50s there's the Super Course, Concours, La Premiere and the Shirley. I don't think this is 50s though as yours appears to have a decal headbadge, they were metal through the 50s and 60s. If you can get the frame number and email it to Tim Maund at Rotrax he will probably tell you exactly what it is :)

http://rotraxcycles.wordpress.com/about/

hi, also i am told 5 digit serial number[date inc] on bb shell[not large bb number's].height of number,s might not be more than
2mm. look towards edges so you might have to whip the crank off.

Re:

Thanks for replys guys will have to do some more investigation before it goes up for sale.
Regards Chas

Latest posts

Back