Bridgestone Frame Number Database

ratinoff

Retro Newbie
I've performed a perlinary search in Google and on this forum, but found nothing. Does there exist a database where you can enter a Bridgestone frame number and determine what year the frame was manufacture? I recently bought a Bridgestone Mile 112 frame, stamped with frame number: L620382. I'm interested in knowingwhen this frame was built.

Re:

What Colour is it?

I read this...

There were two versions, the early one was lavender and silver and had a 4130 chr/mo frame and fork. The later version was aqua and white with an aluminum fork.

Re: Re:

t47b":3026ebn3 said:
What Colour is it?

I read this...

There were two versions, the early one was lavender and silver and had a 4130 chr/mo frame and fork. The later version was aqua and white with an aluminum fork.

My frame is aqua and white with aluminum fork. Fork was not included in the sale of the frame. Fork was lost by one of the previous owners.

Re:

From what I have read about these bikes I will take a stab at dating...

The L is the month so it was made in December, the first number is the year, so 6 is 1986, it may have been made on the 20th and was frame number 382 that month, although that last bit may be stretching it a bit :D

The mile 112 is the number of miles in an iron man competition.

ratinoff":111fdnr3 said:
t47b":111fdnr3 said:
What Colour is it?

I read this...

My frame is aqua and white with aluminum fork. Fork was not included in the sale of the frame. Fork was lost by one of the previous owners.

I misspoke earlier when I said that the frame didn't come with a fork. I purchased the bike off of EBay, so the frame was shipped to me in a box. I double checked the box last night and found the fork. The fork is white, as is shown in the 1987 Bridgestone catalog.

t47b":3pt2qfsa said:
From what I have read about these bikes I will take a stab at dating...

The L is the month so it was made in December, the first number is the year, so 6 is 1986, it may have been made on the 20th and was frame number 382 that month, although that last bit may be stretching it a bit :D

The mile 112 is the number of miles in an iron man competition.

How were you able to decode the frame number?

Re:

Other Bridgestone owners have determined age by this method and also the guy that started the new company after Bridgestone ceased trading continued with the same numbering system, so month is alphabetical and first number is year.

As you do have the forks, check it carefully as I think they also date coded the inside of the fork.

t47b":b1j73avq said:
Other Bridgestone owners have determined age by this method and also the guy that started the new company after Bridgestone ceased trading continued with the same numbering system, so month is alphabetical and first number is year.

As you do have the forks, check it carefully as I think they also date coded the inside of the fork.

I'll inspect the fork tonight to see if I can find a date stamped on it.

t47b":1tt3s8d1 said:

Are you referring to Grant Pederson and Rivendell Bikes?

Back