Help age my bike - puch cavette

adgodders

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, ive just bought a puch cavette from a second hand shop, its 482 tubing, dark blue, chrome wheels etc and mudguards. I cant find any info on this model, or indeed images as most results i can find bring up cavette 2 model. The gear change is on the stem mount, oh it has a rack on it too. Help!! Ill try to put images on when i work it out again, but if anyone has info on these bikes id appreciate it cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_9626.jpg
    IMG_9626.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,160
  • IMG_9625.jpg
    IMG_9625.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,158
  • IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,159
Puch built bicycles covered the full spectrum from entry level to pro quality, that being said I don't have much to add about your bicycle but I like Puch's. I love both bicycles and motorcycles with the same level of intensity, so here is a gratuitous photo of of Puch's 1975 world motocross championship winning 250, ridden by Belgian motocross ace Harry Everts.

puch_250_bicarburatore_1.gif

: Mike

I found date stamps on the components most useful on my Puch, particularly the cranks, front derailleur, stem, etc - all indicated 78 for my bike.

Re:

Based solely on what little I can see of the kit I would say mid 70s. Also this would be a mid-range commuter type bicycle.

Thanks for the help ageing the machine guys. Think I'm going to polish the hell out of the chrome and give it a dam good cleaning. It rides great and the rack is so sturdy and holds so much!

Quite nice Haden lugs :). Probably 70's. I'd buy a cricket box on the off-chance you hit something and your family bits are propelled towards the levers on the stem!

Shaun

Midlife":nctbip8s said:
Quite nice Haden lugs :). Probably 70's. I'd buy a cricket box on the off-chance you hit something and your family bits are propelled towards the levers on the stem!

Shaun

Indeed. A car pulled out in front of a friend of mine who had levers like that...they tore a hole in his scrotum as he sailed over the bars. :shock:

...just saying...

Latest posts

Back