Racing number plate (made one)

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Where can I get a number plate for my Peugeot Triathlon that I'm restoreing ?

It has the tab under the top tube at the front so its the type that hangs there I'm after.
dont really want to make my own.

Any help apriciated.

Maca

Re: Racing number plate

A small rectangle of white plastic or sheet metal would do it. Drill a hole for the bolt and off you go.

Those number plates in the link look to fancy for a 'period' machine - and why would anyone really want to buy one? Events supply their own numbers and TT's in this country at least have to use body numbers

Maca":s7mzncgc said:
Where can I get a number plate for my Peugeot Triathlon that I'm restoreing ?

It has the tab under the top tube at the front so its the type that hangs there I'm after.
dont really want to make my own.

Any help apriciated.

Maca

take care if using a metal one as if you pitch it down the road, the bottom/ rear edge could give your leg a nasty gash, plastic is more forgiving.

Hi

If you are more "Microsoft" than "B&Q", I came up with a solution.

Using "Excel", I created a pair of Templates - Mirror Images for a "Race Number Plate".

I have 6 Bikes, which aren't going racing, but they look good, wasted a few hours and justified some of the Technology I have sitting around.

"Search", "Copy" & "Paste" your required Flag, Logo, Etc, to fit the "Cells".

Add your "Name" & "Number" - The "Justification" maintains the Mirror Image.

Print in high resolution.

Cut the 2 "Plates" using a Sharp Craft Knife.

Join the 2 Sides using Double Sided Tape - 2" is best & NO Bubbles / Wrinkles.

Getting the 2 "Plates" aligned and Bubbles / Wrinkles Free is the real B&Q Bit.

Once youv'e achieved this much, take it to your Bike for the "Cutting of the Front Corner" bit.

I cut mine too fit a Raleigh Shopper, this was the Prototype & the Laminater was warmed up.

Once the "Front Corner" has been cut, bung it through the Laminater - I tend to pass it through 3 - 4 times as it will be outdoors.

Trim the final "Plate" using a Craft Knife & Nail Clippers, allowing 5mm extra around the "Plate".

Punch a hole as required.

Attach to the Bike using suitable Stainless Steel, Brass, Aluminium or other Parts.

"Light", "Cheap", "Time Consuming" - Choose 2 from 3 !!!!!!!!!!

Many Thanks

Les

Made my own one at home, bit of old abs plastic cut to size, painted and decals.

Re: Re:

Nob":2oj6esjf said:
All those years of watching Blue Peter has its uses you know :)
Hmm! Blue Peter did get through a lot of cellotape - PVA glue - blu-tac - tissue paper - Weetabix boxes didn't they :LOL:

Latest posts

Back