Retro Caad2 Saeco road bike

domini2

Dirt Disciple
Hello all, just wandering if someone could help me with my retro cannondale thats sitting in the garage doing nothing, Im wandering if its worth selling or just keeping hold of for now, any advice on what sort of price they go for etc that would be great

Attachments

• cann1.gif
    cann1.gif
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,027
  • cann2.gif
    cann2.gif
    190.6 KB · Views: 1,026
  • cann3.gif
    cann3.gif
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,024
I just missed out on a caad2 saeco on ebay, it went for £180 which is low. They seem to come in many different specs so hard to price but around the £300 mark would be a ballpark.

thanks for the reply, mine has a full shimano 105 groupset with mavic rims, bought some new bontrager tyres and tubes for it when I got it costing around £100, thought id enjoy road riding as much as off road but turns out I dont. If anyone would like to make a sensible offer I would consider selling.......Cheers

Re:

That would go a lot cheaper here. $300 CDN typically depending on condition - steel bikes are much more in demand. I think part of the problem is you can get a brand new aluminum road bike online for $500.

Re:

Very true, lovely looking bike though, just dont seem to ride it. Condition wise is excellent, no scratches to the aluminium frame etc, everything works as it should, only thing is the material is lifting off the seat but I dont want to change it as its original and theres a tear in the handlebar tape on the right hand side. I was thinking about putting it up on fleabay but I can guarantee someone is going to offer me £5 for it :evil:

I can see the appeal in new cheaper road bikes but they just dont seem to have the same street cred, maybe thats my age showing :?:

I agree, but I think the siren song of 10 or 11 speeds, carbon forks, hydro formed tubing out shines the simple beauty of that bike in the mind of the typical rider. One of my co-workers bought pretty much that identical bike as a winter commuter to keep his carbon bike for sunny days.

Maybe stick it on eBay with a reserve price that you think is the minimum you'd be willing to accept for it? That way no harm if you get no interest. Other options are to stick it on the local buy and sell site with a fair price and see what action you get or strip the bike and part it out.

Back