Rossin Performance Info

wassertreter

Devout Dirtbag
Looking at buying a Rossin Performance frame, much like the one pictured below. One with the fat/profiled downtube, there seem to be various models with round downtubes also.

Frame is NOS, so that's not a concern really, but I'd be interested in any additional info about this frame and its qualities, since Rossin doesn't seem to be one of the more common vintage brands.

Attachments

• Rossin-Performance.jpg
    Rossin-Performance.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,221
Hi,

I recently bought exactly the same frame NOS but a different colour. I haven't built mine up as yet but they are supposed to be really nice riding frames, and very light too.

Cheers,
Toby

Did you find any information on these? I see a certain East London bike shop has quite a few, both NOS and lightly used.

What kind of weight is the frame / fork? And can you get the internal seat post clamp bolt, as some of the frames are missing them?

I have a Performance. The tubing is EL/OS. Bought it as an NOS frameset. It has no serial number so I contacted someone who worked there and was told it was most likely built for a professional team. I guess it was made around '89-'90.

2008_1226First0050.jpg

2008_1226First0054.jpg

2008_1226First0056.jpg

2008_1226First0009.jpg

2008_1226First0053.jpg

2008_1226First0026.jpg

2008_1226First0004.jpg

2008_1226First0052.jpg

That's a nice bike, Txn67. I think that's an older version of the one pictured above, which I think is made from Columbus Genius, with possibly a Max down tube. The down tube is certainly shaped like a Max DT, but it might also be made from Genius, although I can't find a tubing catalogue from that era which has an ovalised DT in Genius.

Anyway, I've ordered one. I'll be building it up with modern Campag Centaur, a carbon fork (Columbus Minimal) and hand built wheels. Should be around 7.5kg with my lightest handbuilts (1380g!).

bikenrrd":24eirwba said:
Anyway, I've ordered one. I'll be building it up with modern Campag Centaur, a carbon fork (Columbus Minimal) and hand built wheels. Should be around 7.5kg with my lightest handbuilts (1380g!).

Is someone stocking these frames? I'm a Rossin connoisseur always keeping on the lookout. I also have a Rossin SL.

2009_0123A0004.jpg

Brick Lane Bikes in East London have a stock of NOS and lightly used Rossins at the moment.
They also do mail order / web shop:

http://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk

Prices are a bit all over the place. I think the one I'm buying is fairly priced, some are overpriced and some underpriced! I guess it all works out in the end. :)

Back