Ofmega & ....... ?

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
Can any of you good folk point me in the direction of any original sales literature for bicycles sold with Ofmega as stock components? I've collected cranks, BB, headset, pedals, derailleurs and shifters, still need to source hubs but that leaves brake calipers & levers and as Ofmega didn't produce these i'm wondering what manufacturer or brand would have been used?

For the life of me I can't remember any factory fit Ofmega kit, A bit like Omas and the like BITD.

I'd go for the Ian Hallam look with Modolo Professional brakes :D

Shaun

Re:

That does surprise me Shaun, I'd of thought that someone would offer it as an option. Admittedly I can't substantiate that else I wouldn't need to ask the question on here.

Modolo is very much an option, and would suit the bike. I have some Orion Levers somewhere I think - good for a lo-pro?

(Off subject, but your the man to ask...what Falcon did Mandy Bishop (nee Jones) ride at the Worlds in 1982?)

Ah! what year is the lo-Pro? starting to get a bit more aero.......how about Modolo Kronos / weinmann Delta or Dia Compe Aero series.

1982 was at the very end of my cycling era and I had lost touch by then a little with the Falcon outfit, certainly the Nigel Deans of this world and others in the late 1970's rode genuine Falcon made frames, Falcon allegedly made Raleigh badged frames when needed as well. The later frames lost the trademark full wrapround seat cluster and had chrome all the way up the seat stays...............and then they changed again, likely as they lost the production capability

I think she still runs a bike shop, maybe the shop has a blog on which you can ask?

Shaun

Good question - year & manufacturer unknown though it's 100% Italian made (it's that gold plated curved tube job - having it stripped, rear triangle & forks re-chromed, frame painted gloss black). My research points to be it being a Daccordi, can't prove it though. Hence for the build, going full Ofmega (Mistral & Master etc.) and would like to have it all Italian. Kronos is a very good shout indeed.

Surosa Bikes in Oldham http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/4 ... dow-7943/- :LOL:

I have seen a picture of her riding a light blue Falcon with full SR group - it's rather nice :)

I remember that gold plated frame, curved tubes and lo-pro :)

Yep, that pale blue was a bit of a marmite colour and loved by Falcon who used it for years.

Sadly like Bianchi celeste it's not my cup of tea so I had my Falcon (same as the one below) spirited out of the back door and painted pink :) Likewise my Kevin Sayles Bob Jackson has only "Jackson" on the decals which Bob hated and would never have sanctioned.

If you can't source any Ofmega hubs, the EDCO ones look so similar they could be brothers :)

8678892985_0bd10c4bdc_z.jpg

Shaun

Yes, I'm afraid a year of ragging that lo-pro about has meant that the chrome is now in such a state that there's patches of bare frame now showing so it's time to show it some respect and get it re-finished. An Ofmega build is something i've fancied since getting some Mistral cranks, works of art. Ofmega hubs are available via Europe ebay, shipping costs make them a little expensive when I add on the wheelbuild cost. I'll add Edco to my search though, thanks for the tip.

The picture I have seen was slightly more metallic in colour, a touch darker perhaps. Alas, the same picture doesn't seem to exist of the web else i'd post a link. A Maglia Rosa pink? Interesting idea for a frame - If I followed suit, mine would be akin to Lantern Rouge :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Midlife":i4xw7h5q said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111461482597?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The above are some very nice Ofmega hubs on my watch list, 28 hole as I have some 28 hole Superchampion Medale D'or rims:D

Shaun

Just the job those Shaun - very nice - 8 weeks delivery though!!!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back