6 speed cassette

naffets

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,
New to the site regarding posting.
Im after some advice due to my lack of bike mechanics I have a brian rourke dates back to late 80s been in storage for years and just been riding it again but it is slipping in middle cogs? It's set up 6 speed mavic with campag hubs I was thinking it needs a new freewheel? As chain doesn't look to worn if so
Would it be screw on? And what brand is compatible if I needed a replacement? Or am I barking up the wrong tree all advice welcome
Cheers stef

It will be screw-on if it's a Mavic hub. I would replace both chain and freewheel. Any brand should do, Shimano ones are cheap although a little harder to find in road sizes (typically they are 14-28 for £79 Tesco pseudo-MTBs these days).

SJS Cycles carry a Sunrace 14-24.

Be sure that your new freewheel has a thread pattern that is compatible with your hub - presumably most of what is now sold in the UK has ISO threading which will go on old British or Italian threaded hubs but not on old French threaded hubs :)

Just re-read it and it says Campag hubs (my error to read as Mavic), so a modern freewheel should be fine.

Back