The Barron that isn`t. Opinions sought as to what it is

rikcougar

Dirt Disciple
A few pics of my Barron that isn`t now that it is built

I have taken it back to Barron Cycles but it is not one of their frames although they repainted it

Bottom bracket is Cinelli and the tubes I believe are SLX

The only ID under the bottom bracket is DD579

If anybody has any suspicions pray tell

P.S sorry about the pics, they are crap

hi, you say you believe its slx , internally slx has spiral 'd grooves so that should be easy.
a simple lit endoscope should do the trick nicely :)have just read; try poking you finger through the bb shell see if you can feel inside the seat tube.

Re: The Barron that isn`t. Help needed to identify

The label denotes spiral reinforcement cyclex so i am pretty sure it is SLX tubing, it is quite light even compared to my carbon frame

Just wondered if anybody had any ideas who made the frame originally

yes but was slx the only spirally reinforced tubing which columbus did ?plenty of stuff on cromor.
so we are looking for a good italian frame builder who did not pantograph his frames :idea goodluck

Re:

Barry Barron has a particular feature that appears on 99.9% of his builds* - and although his shop is still open he's in his late 70s, and hasn't built frames for some years.

If you have a Barron they're good.

RK.

*I only know of one other builder that has this feature.

Re:

hi, and what is this feature please.
rikcougar,pardon should have paid more attention to the worn red bits.
barron put the customers name on the bb.shell

Barry fitted the bottom bracket for me and he said it is not one of his, this one has a serial number, a system which he never used apparently

I would have liked it to be a Barron but he only repainted it

I am confused as to where it was made, Columbus SLX or SPX tubing, the bottom bracket shell is one of the Cinelli "spoiler" type but with an English thread and Columbus dropouts, the only identification being DD579 on the bottom bracket :?:

Back