What kind of price should one pay for a Flying Scot?

Tobias

Retro Newbie
Hi,
I have been lusting after the idea of building up a Flying Scot for a while. Most of the ones which I consider to be vaguely affordable are in need of new paint, so what kind of price do you think is reasonable for a Flying Scot frame in need of a new paint job?

Cheers for the input,
T

First get an idea of how much your chosen paint job would be then see what cash is left for the frame. If the two dont add up and you cant afford a ready finished one then buy one that needs a paint job and its down to your local auto discount for an aerosol or two Decals can be got over the net from H lloyd. Ride it a while to ensure it is what you want and start saving for a proper period correct re spray.I dont think there is such a thing as a reasonable price with these things. They are worth what someone will pay for it

Fair observation. I guess I have no real idea of how rare they actually are, and periodically see rough frames for around £150, so I was just wondering if that was an acceptable ballpark as a starting point.

If they are selling regularly at that then yes.E Bay completed listings is your best method of valuation.Beware the odd one that sells for over the odds. That is probably just two people wanting the same thing at that moment in time.Otherwise simply work out the average.When you have done all that then you will probably pay over the average because you will see one that seems to be just right and therefore is worth it to you.Way it goes.

Back