Alternative Front Mech?

Grafix

Dirt Disciple
After looking for a bit I've failed to find a Simplex SJA 103 front mech - which is for a triple. It is a part missing from my 1980/81 Peugeot.

Are there any period correct alternative mechs I could look for, preferably Simplex?

Or, Is it possible to use a double front mech instead, given that this is for a friction shifter?

Cheers.

Grafix":2lpc47aw said:
After looking for a bit I've failed to find a Simplex SJA 103 front mech - which is for a triple. It is a part missing from my 1980/81 Peugeot.

Are there any period correct alternative mechs I could look for, preferably Simplex?

Or, Is it possible to use a double front mech instead, given that this is for a friction shifter?

Cheers.

I tried to run a double front mech (Shimano 600) on a triple chainset once, to no great effect - the narrower cage doesn't seem to have the required range even after much fiddling with H/L limit screws. Huret Pilot triple front might be an alternative in terms of era and country of origin?

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 3&AbsPos=2

David

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back