Where do people recommend for buying vintage break blocks?

sooper8

Dirt Disciple
Either vintage look and good quality or new old stock in keeping with a bike from late 70s?

Done the usual ebay search but nothing much came up.

Just curious to know where others get them from

Thanks in advance

Vintage calliper brakes, especially on steel rims, are a bit pants compared to modern jobbies:)

Shaun

Midlife":2xa5osct said:
Vintage calliper brakes, especially on steel rims, are a bit pants compared to modern jobbies:)

Shaun

Oh ok - I don't really want to change the whole set up for modern stuff as I can't afford it and the breaks seemed to do a good enough job when the blocks were new.
I have alloy rims and just wanted a good source of blocks that look like they belong on the bike of that era.
I'll check that link, thanks

Here's the line on his stock list........ if you are looking for campag

Brake block rubbers NR/SR 2 pairs (4 rubbers) £20.00

Was it any particular brake block you were after?

Shaun

Re:

if you're going to use your bike as a rider and not just wall art then Koolstop do a range of vintage style blocks designed to fit Campag/Modolo/Mafac etc. they look the part and they're easily obtainable on eBay, I've used them for a while now as they have far superior purchase on alloy rims compared to original vintage brake blocks that tends to squeal and go brittle after a while.....

Griff

sooper8":ng07qhqk said:
Bats":ng07qhqk said:
I don't think many people bother having period correct cycle crashes.

Sorry mate, I just don't get your point here...

Old brake blocks aren't much cop. Modern ones fit and don't draw attention to themselves.

Re: Re:

Excel":2ypuz9x6 said:
if you're going to use your bike as a rider and not just wall art then Koolstop do a range of vintage style blocks designed to fit Campag/Modolo/Mafac etc. they look the part and they're easily obtainable on eBay, I've used them for a while now as they have far superior purchase on alloy rims compared to original vintage brake blocks that tends to squeal and go brittle after a while.....

Griff

I second that wholeheartedly :D

Back