News on former 1968/69 Holdsworth team rider - Alan Bridges

CBridges

Retro Newbie
Hi Retrobikers,

First post here so apologies if I get anything wrong or have selected the wrong forum (this seemed to be the best fit).

My father is Alan Bridges. He rode for the Holdsworth team way back in 1968/69 with greats such as Les West, Reg Barnett and Bob Addy. He's still cycling but unfortunately had a serious accident on his bike earlier this week.

Still in intensive care but I'm happy to say is proving to be a tough cookie and is recovering well.

I'm contacting as many of his friends, former team mates etc as possible in a bid to bombard him with messages of well being from a community he's loved all of his life. Cycling!

If you know/knew my dad or are simply a Holdsworth fan, please get in touch and I'll be only to happy to pass on your message to him. Feel free to PM me too if you want to contact Dad directly or send a get well card.

Kind regards

Colin (Col) Bridges

Attachments

• Team1969.gif
    Team1969.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,375
Re:

Hi Colin,

I knew your Dad as I worked at Holdsworthy in the late 60,s at Lullington Road. I think he worked there part time.
My name is Charlie Bruce and if he does remember me then my email is charles4251@virginmedia.com.
I am just starting to build a Holdsworth team replica bike.

Best wishes and hop your Dad is ok.

Charlie

Colin
Please wish your Dad a speedy recovery from me, I hope he will be able to get home for Christmas
Richard

Re: Alan Bridges

Colin how is your dad
I spoke to on phone about 2 years ago when he was in hospital
Clive

Re: Alan Bridges cycle accident

Colin

How is your dad now. My wife and I are the couple who cared for him on the road when he had his accident in December 2014 until the ambulance arrived. We also took his bike and delivered it back to his house when his wife contacted us.

Richard

Hope for the best for your dad. I never met him, but it's him and people like him that keep me riding, and that I look up to.

Back