Carlton Courette 1960? ID help?? new project

mr_mr

Devout Dirtbag
hi there,

i seem to have a habit of picking up bargains for £35......

can anyone help shed some light on my new project?

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

from what i have ascertained so far it has RRA pedals, williams cranks, a lycett saddle, weinmann blue label rims, GB brakes and stem, alloy seatpost, and a 4 speed sturmey setup (stamped with a 60 and an 11, meaning november 1960 if sheldon is correct!). It also has a campagnolo cable mount on the down tube.

anyone know any more about it? as the website that is supposed to be the be all and end all of carlton info isnt working! its a bit bizzarre also that this bike has had all the stickers removed. The only reason i think its a courette is because of the lugs and dropout stamp which is G3116 i think.

thanks

jon

Re: Carlton Courette 1960? new project

Look forward to seeing more, has all the Carlton look about it, not 100% sure if the gear hub is original to that model.

Re: Carlton Courette 1960? new project

well it looks like both! but without the mount for the shifter.

looks like i may have picked up something a little different. look forward to building this one.

Re:

I am just about to "restore" a similar bike. I bought it for £5 frame only - the wheels were OK but I did not want that type of gear (Sturmey Hub) for my wife.

I cleaned up the paint and have stripped out the Bottom Bracket. You can see the detail work is similar......

I will post some pictures when it is on the road again :)

I plan to keep it simple - Shimano Tourney 6 speed with stem shifter SIS for a more original look.

Bought these stem shifters today for only £4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191243447614? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Attachments

• P8111097.jpg
    P8111097.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 592
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back