Campagnolo 9sp Ergo shifter fitting instructions anywhere?

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After 25 years of using nothing but shimano, and the occassional bit of Suntour, i'm am entering into the world of Campagnolo :D
I'm currently trying to fit my Veloce 9 speed shifters but i'm having much fun :cry:
Can somebody give a brief description of how to go about this job or post a link to a video maybe?
I'm currently having issues locating the bolt for the handlebar clamp :roll: although i have managed to successfully thread the cables into the shifters :D

All help gratefully recieved :D

Peel the hoods back from the front to find the fixing bolt. 8 speed were allen key, 10 speed are Torx but I've never had 9 so don't know what they used.

Mark.

Yes, 5mm allen key - only Mk3 Ergos use a Torx head. Campagnolo instructions suggest setting the indexing from the middle sprocket (4 clicks) and tuning from there.

Getting the inner cables through the bottom of the lever is pretty tricky and fitted my cables before fitting
the levers to the bars, this ensured there was no kink in the cable.

Also note that this bikeradar article has all its comments removed! Obviously they don't like comments, even helpful ones.

Re:

Thanks folks.
The rear is now fitted and working pretty well, i will try the middle gear 4 click method tonight to see if it improves things.
Front shifter is installed but i'm waiting on a front mech, hopefully here tomorrow, to finish things off.
Position and shape is so much nicer than Shimano 9 speed shifters :shock: :D

I've just done a full service on a Boardman road bike which has shimano index gears
and every time I test road'd the bloody thing Ikept cocking up on the gear changing
decided to brake hard and the brake lever went sideways and my fingers flicked off!
Not the best invention but Campagnolo got it right.

Latest posts

Back