questions about ambrosio rims.....

syncrosfiend

Dirt Disciple
hi all.....

does anyone here use the Torelli Master rims in years past? any comments about them at all? good, bad, experiences?

the master rims were made by Ambrosio. does anyone know if ambrosio still makes the nexus rim?

has anyone used a nexus rim?

rims

I havent used a Nexus rim but I have used some of the other ones. It appears they have dropped the nexus - I can't remember it anyway.

Their Excellence is very good and strong - the Excellight will build up lighter than most factory builts if you choose your hubs wisely. And the Nemesis is a good allround tubular rim.

If its a strong, multi purpose rim you are looking for, I would go for the Excellence.

The Chrono F20 is rediculous - treat yourself with Record hubs and DT Swiss Revolutions - whoaaa!!

I'd second that. I end up riding over at least 10 cattle grids whenever I ride and my Excellences have stood up to 5 years of beating.

lelobysfoot, hamster....thanks for the info.

i was really looking for info on the master and nexus since these are box section rims. they are very much like a wolber gentleman gta, fiamme red, mavic montlery, or ma2.

i've built wheels with the excellence and excellight and they are very nice. but not really what i'm looking for.

Back