is this a 3rensho?

bulldog

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
got this bike with full dura ace groupset ,campag record hubs,cini bars and stem,3rensho superends ends on frame,i cant find a frame number yet?

Re:

Whatever it is - its very big! Looks quality - what makes you think it is a 3Rensho?

Tried the London fixed gear lot? They are bang into their Japanese hand built stuff there.

Re: Re:

Uncle Monty":13mdi28e said:
Whatever it is - its very big! Looks quality - what makes you think it is a 3Rensho?

Tried the London fixed gear lot? They are bang into their Japanese hand built stuff there.

the dropouts are 3rensho super ends,dont know it they are used on other frames?

cheers

It has some 3Rensho like qualities, particularly the seat tube lug treatment but I do not think it is legit. First the fork crown lacks the forward offset; If the bike is the same vintage as the parts then it should have 3Rensho engraved into the seat stay caps. Also Yoshi Konno's lugs were distinctive with a long elegant spear points, these lugs, though nice are much shorter. After doing a bit of research, it looks like the drops are Superends, I believe they were available through the 3Rensho catalog. Will check.

For a second opinion try posting a picture here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/40108705205/

For reference on the lug treatment here is a picture of my early 80s standard model 3Rensho.

Attachments

• 3Rensho Standard 3 web.jpg
    3Rensho Standard 3 web.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 621
Another detail shot showing the elegant spearpoint lug work of Yoshi Konno

Attachments

• 3Rensho Standard head lug web.jpg
    3Rensho Standard head lug web.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 619
Re:

got it striped down,not bb not got tool the dura bb :facepalm: ,i cant see a frame number on it,the guy i got it off said his dad got it from a mate who had lots of road bikes lived in cal usa,maybe a custom frame?

Back