bike computer

paddington35

Dirt Disciple
Hi
I'm restoring a vintage aende from 1993 and was hoping to add a computer from the era the bike was built does anyone know the best place to find one besides from eBay ?and which is the best computer from 1993?

Regards
Marc
1993 aende
2011 cube aerial

paddington35":2qednhu8 said:
What make is the computer in the middle?

Marc
1993 aende
2011 cube aerial

It is a Vetta. I think it was the first one I bought probably in the 80s. The one on the right is the Vectra mentioned above.

You might want to look for a first generation Cateye cordless. I still have one and it still works. I reckon I got mine in the early 90s, possibly 91? I remember seeing them on a few pro bikes in the magazines. The fact they were so well made means there might still be some around. Were they coded CC-100 or something?

Thank you for the info going have a search on eBay,I remember having a sigma computer I bought new in the 90s I had on my falcon corsa,so I emailed sigma in Germany and they offered me a sigma speed master 7000 for 17.95Euros brand new ,very good price (but they only accept payment by wire transfer into there bank account and my bank charge a high fee to do this)want to shop round first see if I can find something in the UK first everyone keeps mentioning avocet but they look cheap.

Regards
Marc
1993 aende
2011 cube aerial

originalshinkicker":axk5u9jj said:
I liked both the Avocet 30 or Cateye Vectra - I think eBay might be the only option though as these are 20+ years old now.

Yup, Avocet or Cateye seem good choices - my first ever bike computer was a Cateye! In the late 90s I had a bright pink(!) Ciclomaster, a lesser-known German brand IIRC - bit different if you can find one but may be outside the OP's time window. Unusually I seem to recall that mine had a temperature mode in addition to the functions you usually find on bike computers. Robust and well made though.

David

Back