Who is riding to the TDF?

Mapturner

Dirt Disciple
Hello all - just wondering if anyone or a group is going to ride up to watch the TDF leaving from the stockport area ? I shall be over from NZ and would like to join any persons looking to ride up to holmes moss or even the stage starts perhaps - open to suggestions..

Well since it all starts at York up 'ere I'm sure we will endeavour to put on a meet and ride.

Last I looked they were going a nice route through the moors, so possibly drinks at Lion Inn/Blakey ridge to wave them on?

http://letour.yorkshire.com

These Frenchies sure know how to make a short trip from York to Harrogate a long drawn out ride ;-)
They certainly get lost a bit going the wrong direction to Sheffield too.

Seems there not using the moors route, shame as it looked better than the others.

Hello drystone paul - yes we could touch base nearer the time along with any others who would like to ride up to see the stage - will have to find out roughly what time they will be coming through holmes moss and what time to leave - probably want to get there early as when i used to watch the tour of britain up there it was chaos. It must be a good hour and a halfs ride from stockport to get there give or take..

I was considering going to the cobbled stages also in northern france as i am heading to the provence afterwards but time is not on my side so may have to miss out - i am sure it would be a great stage to watch also..

Mapturner":27jf2xmx said:
I was considering going to the cobbled stages also in northern france as i am heading to the provence afterwards but time is not on my side so may have to miss out - i am sure it would be a great stage to watch also..

Especially if you take your bike with you. First watch them somewhere on the norhbound leg, cut through to the other leg, watch them a 2nd time and then retire to a pub, village square with big screen or a tent of the local bike club with a big screen.

That would be great and get to watch the cobbled section twice in one day. will have to look into that - good idea...

Back