47p2's 1980 Alan Super Record

file.php

Matt_wood55's 1990 Raleigh Castorama Team Bike

file.php

Bikenut's Orbit America 531 restored as 70s Carlton Pro Replica

slimchance-1.jpg

theproscloset's 1992 Slim Chance

LDP":2ton81om said:
A good Slim would normally always get my vote, but the Raleigh is really well executed :cool:

Can you please explain what is special about Chris Chance's road bikes? I can understand that people get nostalgic about many of his MTB's but I just don't get the interest in the road bikes. It is a bit like looking at De Rosa or Gios or even early Colnago MTB's. They are interesting because of their context within the builder's line-up but don't seem to offer anything special.

Citoyen du monde":e724v80v said:
LDP":e724v80v said:
A good Slim would normally always get my vote, but the Raleigh is really well executed :cool:

Can you please explain what is special about Chris Chance's road bikes? I can understand that people get nostalgic about many of his MTB's but I just don't get the interest in the road bikes. It is a bit like looking at De Rosa or Gios or even early Colnago MTB's. They are interesting because of their context within the builder's line-up but don't seem to offer anything special.

Of course, for me it is essentially the link to their MTBs. The Slim Chance offered the same quality, innovation (TIG welded TSX wasn't common), custom paint schemes etc and, same as today, they were rare. The Slim Chance also, again for me at least, offered something more refreshing than the more common lugged italian steel (that I'm also a big fan of) frames at the time. That's why a nice Slim would normally get my vote in RBOTM.

always hard to see past an Alan, sentimental me.. but that Castorama Team Bike takes my vote

Back