Downtube cable stops

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
anybody know of any that don't have a curved back surface? I need some that have a flat back - project Vitus has hit a stumbling block so any help would be appreciated.

FINNEY1973":18m9lxuz said:
anybody know of any that don't have a curved back surface? I need some that have a flat back - project Vitus has hit a stumbling block so any help would be appreciated.

maybe you could just use a cable stop in that position and inline adjusters? or those dinky little Jagwire ones that sit between cable and STI?

Indeed - the issue seems to be that the DT bosses are bonded to the frame with the back section being part of the boss, so standard cable stops / adjusters that I have wont fit flush as they have curved backs. Looks like a dogs dinner. Cable will sit to far out from the frame from the brifters, it'll annoy me and that simply won't do :)

Attachments

• vitus dt.jpg
    vitus dt.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 628
Far be it from me to know much but why do i think there are Shimano levers which fit on there. I read somewhere about removing the curved bit and they worked.

Have i missed the point?

Richard

105 DT levers plus others do have the separate back-plate that's removable, alas the masterplan is brifters on this one so the use of cable router / stops / adjuster thingies is essential. Everything I see available seems to have the curved back to hug the frame?

WTF are Brifters?????
in answer to your question grind/File the back of the adjuster (the part thats sits nearest to the Frame) so its flat but leave enough of the square so that it still locates on the gear boss. i.e. take the curve part down to the same level as the other side.

The filing option actually looks good to me too. I should add that i have no idea if those will owrk - just looked on the bay to see if there was anything suitable. You could check SJS as they do stuff like that too.

Richard

Back