Raleigh Roadster ? Help Needed in Identific

oldschoolstreak

Retro Newbie
Help needed !!

I just picked up this old Raleigh bicycle but the number I found on the bottom bracket doesn`t seem to tally up with anything on the websites for Raleigh frame numbers ?

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Attachments

• Bike.JPG
    Bike.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 326
  • Frame Number.JPG
    Frame Number.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 324
Hi, looks twenties / early thirties so is there a 'C' prefix to the number hidden under the paint somewhere ?

Attachments

• raleigh 1928.png
    raleigh 1928.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 309
Thanks for the reply.

I had a look but can`t see any letter. It has a Black Sturmey Archer AW hub with a changer on the Top Tube and a Brooks B73 saddle but not sure that makes any difference.

Cheers.

The rear hub may carry a date, could be original. The bike looks early 30s, but possibly the black hub might mean WW2. If it has chrome plate anywhere it is after 1930, previously plated parts would have been nickel.

Again, thanks for the replies.

I did check by the seat and there is nothing there, it has got War Grade Tyres I noticed !!

Think it will need taking apart and cleaning up, hopefully something will come to light.

Cheers..

Bikes made for the Ministry of Defence were made to a 1925 design, another possibility, perhaps wartime. Have a look on the AW hub shell, there might be a date.
Keith

Latest posts

Back