My home made wheel jig and dishing tool

Looks very classy :) the guides against he rim look a bit scratchy though. Does the hub lie completely horizontal in the v nitches? Wish i could knock something like that up !!!

Shaun

Reckon that will last a few years ! I use the frame/forks and use a sliding guide in behind the brake mounting bolt for roundness .
Mike

Midlife":2zbz3m36 said:
Looks very classy :) the guides against he rim look a bit scratchy though. Does the hub lie completely horizontal in the v nitches? Wish i could knock something like that up !!!

Shaun

Cheers Shaun.

I'ts been a while in the making! (The jig not the dishing tool)
Yes, the hub does lie horizontal (that was my initial thought too) and the guides are not really any more scratchy that a bought jig. I'm really pleased with it. It takes from a 20" (kids) through to over 27" so will do all I need. I can't ever see myself riding 29'ers so I stopped at 27"
Everything is replacable too. I made it over a few months at work during lunchtimes & between jobs. It's all aluminium apart from the wing nuts which are brass.
I'd welcome any feedback, improvements etc... :)

Cheers again

Rich :D

:shock: That won't blow over in the wind, which is a good thing as a lot of jigs just seem too wobbly.

That's a really nice piece of kit! If you have the schematic, do you fancy making it available as a PDF? I'd like to have a go at knocking one of those up myself :)

mrcpea":2utm2rpu said:
It takes from a 20" (kids) through to over 27" so will do all I need. I can't ever see myself riding 29'ers so I stopped at 27"

Rich - it's better than you thought - the 29er uses a 700c wheel with a fat tyre so your kit would be fine if you change your mind.

Good work.

Back