Retro Cross article and pics.

orbeas

Retro Guru
This months Cycle Sport Magazine (Jan 2014) has a great article and pictures of the DeVlaeminck brothers..
Great picture of Roger from the worlds in Spain on his Gios with side pull brakes and down tube levers !!!!
And it was a tough and muddy course..
See how many riders you can recognize from the previously un-published pictures ???

A retrobike contributor is in the pics !!!!

orbeas":22xkt43x said:
Great picture of Roger from the worlds in Spain on his Gios with side pull brakes and down tube levers !!!!

I've seen a similar pic somewhere else, could well have been the 1973 champs at Crystal Palace. Down tube levers and no canti brakes....how times have changed*!

David

*Cantilever brakes themselves now seem to be on the way out, although as with 8sp. cassettes I'll keep persevering with them for years to come.

David B":277y2z4h said:
orbeas":277y2z4h said:

I've seen a similar pic somewhere else, could well have been the 1973 champs at Crystal Palace. Down tube levers and no canti brakes....how times have changed*!

I know, 'cos I was there!

Over 40 years ago.

Goodness gracious me :shock:

Old Ned":1wazj5lo said:
David B":1wazj5lo said:
orbeas":1wazj5lo said:

I know, 'cos I was there!

Over 40 years ago.

Goodness gracious me :shock:

I wasn't even born then. Sorry to rub it in, and all that....

David

David B":1pf97ydj said:
*Cantilever brakes themselves now seem to be on the way out, although as with 8sp. cassettes I'll keep persevering with them for years to come.

Jonathan Page recently said 'I ride with discs for racing now. The Belgians are behind the times'.

Sven Nys replied: 'Yeah well Jonathan Page is behind most of us in the races so I don't really care what he thinks'.

Miaow.

Johnsqual":cl8ig0nb said:
David B":cl8ig0nb said:

Jonathan Page recently said 'I ride with discs for racing now. The Belgians are behind the times'.

Sven Nys replied: 'Yeah well Jonathan Page is behind most of us in the races so I don't really care what he thinks'.

Miaow.

I think Sven's kind of earned the right to say that. There aren't many guys not behind him in the races!

David

Back