Hoods

glpinxit

Retro Guru
I have a pair of Campag Nuovo Record brake levers ( http://www.velobase.com/ViewComponent.a ... &AbsPos=25 ) in need of hoods. Original hoods are silly money but ebay has lots of similar things that may fit. Has anyone found one of these that is a decent fit?
The later hoods (BL RE500) don't fit as they are too big. (Though I may yet take the extreme step of surgery to a pair to 'cut and shut' them to size.)

There are a number of new reproduction hoods available. For $20 the Eurasian hoods are ok. I bought some really nice campy copies for $50. Details on my site below.

Hilary Stone was selling some nice repro ones a year or so back. I got 2 pairs and they seem fine. Not sure if he still has any now though?

Well, the Dia-Compe ones arrived today and they are a very good fit. So much so that fitting them entailed removing the lever from the pillar thingy (loosen grub-screw that retains the pivot rod) and the use of aerosol silicon lubricant. They will need trimming back underneath with a scalpel but taking material away is possible whereas adding it isn't. I went with brown and might choose black another time as the colour is ok but lacks any translucency.

But no complaints about £9.99 inc post and mega speedy delivery - eBay 390705070209 .

Latest posts

Back