Valves

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Evening all,

I am sure this has been covered before but i have obviously missed it but -

How do i remove a valve core?

How do i remove a valve extender to revert the valve back to its' normal length?

Thanks,

Richard

Your valve extension should have come with a removal tool. However, one of these can't fail to come in handy... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-METAL-SCHR ... 0855632702

Just make sure your tube / tub has a removable core - i've been caught out by that before where it's a one-piece construction :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back in the 70s Clement did removable cores in their Presta valves used in the better tubulars, valve extensions must screw on, but I don't have anything that recent.

We used to keep the Presta valves from dead tubulars, which were bolted in, for repair purposes.
Keith

Thanks -

The extension is on a tubular tyre i bought and i did not get the tool with it. I presume there is a tool to remove valves from tubulars? I am pondering putting an anti-puncture fluid in my tubs and was wondering how to remove them. Apologies for on giving half the story originally.

Richard

I often put about an ounce of water in mine, sometimes after getting a smallish puncture. They always held the pressure much better after. Water is 800 times denser than air.
Keith

Richard, it keeps the air in. It will block holes that would completely flatten the tyre in 2 minutes. It seals the tube against the tyre casing. I used to rely on it to use tubulars that othwise would be binned. It can't help a large cut.
But sometimes I could ride around on old 6/7 ounce tubulars that were not fit for racing, but too good for the bin.

Keith

Back