Gilco Style tubing

auser

Retro Newbie
Hi all. Appreciate some help with identifying this Gilco styled steel tubed bike. Believe it's from early 90s but have no idea what it is (apart from a Vitus plate - but not totally convinced) Guessing lower end, but any input would be cool. Cheers....

Attachments

• Racer01 low.jpg
    Racer01 low.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 547
  • Racer03 low.jpg
    Racer03 low.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 547
  • Racer04 low.jpg
    Racer04 low.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 547
Except for the Vitus plate it looks just like my late 80's CBT, Mine is Oria tubing and the frame was made in Italy near the French border. My frame has a French threaded bottom bracket if that helps.

Excellent. Not checked the bottom bracket thread. Any chance of seeing your CBT for a comparison?

I doubt it is a CBT. CBT frames were usually high end, had many pantos and were not accepting fenders.

Ok. Any other ideas on a lower end Gilco-styled bike with mudguard/fender eyelets? I know there have been a few companies running with fluted tubing, but probably not that many?

No, nothing on the dropouts. As mentioned, the only clue I have is the Vitus plate....The bike is currently used daily to and from work, but if I find out what it is, I may give it a tidy up and get it a little more original again.

Nice looking wooden project...

Latest posts

Back