Campagnolo veloce 9 speed hub loose freehub

Tamandua

Retro Guru
Hi

I recently bought a 2nd hand set of Veloce 9 speed hubs and desired to take them apart to check them. They are the type with sealed bearings

I can't get the rear hub back together without the freehub body wobbling , even of I fully tighten the axle nuts .

I think the problem is one of the inner sleeves that sits over the axle. In the image it is the longer one to the left of the o-ring. It appears it should sit inside the freehub body but it protrudes by a couple of mm into the pawl area , I think this is causing the issue . If I remove it I can get the freehub body tighter but it causes drag so the freehub body barley turns . (I have the pawls and springs they are just not in the image)

The previous owner said they replaced the freehub body so I'm wondering if it should even be in the hub. I've checked the campag spares diagrams and something similar appears to be there but it's not clear where it should sit. - see page 59 here: http://www.campagnolo.com/repository...spares04_B.pdf

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 441
This image shows where the metal sleeve stands proud of the freehub body , I think this is causing the wobble. The ibly other thing I can see in the freehub is the bearing and it is in there pretty solid

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 440

Latest posts

Back