1975 Raleigh Sprint Restore to fixie.

alanjob

Dirt Disciple
Hey Guys, I'm new her, just wanted to show you how my restore project is coming on. I know this frame isn't very special but its special to my dad as he loved the bike. The bike was given to us around 1994 from a neighbour, it was then rebuilt with better equipment. Since my dad has stopped riding due to heath problems I decided to restore it to a fixie. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the bike before it was stripped.

Before:
IMG_5122.JPG

Had it shot blasted and powder coated in a similar colour (came out very well):
IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5166.JPG

Badge reinstalled:
IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

Decals added:
IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

More pictures to follow is a keep getting parts.

Question:
Does anyone know what the seatpost diameter is (as I don't have the original)?

Alan

Thanks guys, More parts today, bars, stem and seatpost.
FYI seatpost diameter is 25.4mm.
Not keeping this saddle, just a spare one I had lying around, thinking of a black or yellow saddle with matching bar tape.

IMG_5197.JPG

Alan

Hi, was thinking of a yellow saddle with yellow bar tape but tan/honey sounds good. Couldn't really afford brooks at the moment. Alan

That's a very nice crisp powder coat finish :) Perhaps you could let us know who did it and members might do the same :D

Nice job :)

Shaun

Midlife":1kj5uk4r said:
That's a very nice crisp powder coat finish :) Perhaps you could let us know who did it and members might do the same :D

Nice job :)

Shaun

Hi, It was done by RW Power Coatings http://www.rwpowdercoatings.com/ here in Northern Ireland. (They did both shot blasting and powercoating) they also told me they can do aluminium as well.

Alan

alanjob":1j3ozwiw said:
Hi, was thinking of a yellow saddle with yellow bar tape but tan/honey sounds good. Couldn't really afford brooks at the moment. Alan

keep an eye on Halfords as they were doing offers on Brooks for £32 ea not long ago still a lot of money but a good saving

Back