Campag records with GP4 tubs - worth much?

samsbike

Retro Guru
Having now got my Ciocc, its comes with record hubs and GP4 rims, which I don't think I am going to use.

Are these worth much as I would rather sell them and get some bits that I need for the build.

thanks

The standard 70's/80's pro wheelset. A clean set with low wear to braking surfaces and corrosion-free original skewers can be worth £100+. There are too many around to secure good money sadly.

I watched on ebay a NOS set of wheels.. Campag' SR hubs - SS spokes -GP4's - pair of NOS tubs, went for £56, was pick up only though.

consider breaking them.
You may well get as much for the hubs and they will be a good fiver or more less to post.
I buy sprint wheels for bugger all just for the cheap nearly worn tubs. Few people want tubs and those that do don't want 36 holes which reduces the market somewhat.

I have some experience of the costing of these having bought a few sets recently - cost is very dependent of condition.

A good set of wheels - some wear on the rims but running well etc can be between £65 and £100

It you split the hubs can sell for up to £60 alone - again condition is v important.

If the rims are NOS or close they can sell for up to £90 for the pair.

Used rims with no damage sell for around £40 per pair

Condition is everything as is the day you sell - ebay gets mad sometimes, a fair price on a forum will ensure a sale.

Hope this helps,

Richard

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hope (hubs) don't supply skewers with new hubs, they're sold as a separate entity as I found out recently :cry:

Back