Outer brake casing diameter ?

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Building up my winter bike and hit a problem with it! it has hidden cables which are routed through
the top tube and just got myself some new outer cable casing I've found that this casing is too wide
to go through the hole, so I go and check other cables and all of them are too wide to fit in the hole!

Can you buy narrower outer cable casing other than Jagwire and the one in the link below ?

This is the stuff I already have, in various lengths,some new, some very old but all too wide!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Cycle-Bra ... 27d3f95119

Any pointers to stockists of any narrow casing is warmly welcomed ;)

Cheers.
Ian.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Where did you buy that from Ian if you don't mind? My Langdale has exactly the same issue - I've got cable stops on the cables as they enter the top tube - the hidden tube must be similar in diameter to yours - and my set up looks a bit crude with them cable stops in place. I'd like to tidy it up - it's bugged me since day 1!!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ian Raleigh":yytrt874 said:
Robbied196":yytrt874 said:
So why didn't you want to use Jagwire?
Maybe because I never spotted the 4mm stuff in the first place! Not everyone is perfect you know :roll:

Aye, but its a bloody good laugh trying to be perfect :mrgreen:

Cheers Ian - I need to see if I can find white outers as that blasted thing called vanity means black just won't do.

Robbie - I'm using Jagwire Road Pro on the langdale - Outer is 5.0mm according to their website.

This has got me thinking also - any possibility that the hidden tube on some frames can only accept the cable? Or is it generally accepted that they 'should' accept the outer cable as well? Not something that's documented or commented on much.

Latest posts

Back