HELP

bookwyse

Retro Newbie
Hi guys,

gentle on me as its my first post. I have been offered a 1996 Colnago C-94 that's all original bar saddle and bar tape and not been ridden since 1999. My issue is that there is very little info available for them including what they are worth.

So my question is what would a bike like this be worth in its current condition and what if it was road worthy?

thanks

Jeff

it's a Colnago so you will probably pay more than it's really worth. Unless the seller doesn't know the ebay prices.
Ian's advice is sound.

I've heard many stories of fella's seeing a beautiful bike and on a whim or just eager to get it only for them to
realise its either too big or too small, you need to think first and do the maths and be right the first time.

In our club I know of a guy who got himself a 753 Raleigh, full Campag SR groupset
and the frame was 21.5 inch's, yet my friend is over six feet, he arrived on the clubrun
with his bike and did he look daft! MTB super long seat post and a high riser stem.

He said to me I've fooked up mate! I said I can see you have :facepalm:

The bike is a fit for myself as I already have road bikes but modern carbon frames.

Is this worth the £150.00 he is asking, bearing in mind that it is running Campag Mirage?

It's Columbus Thron tubing IIRC, so not exotic but decent enough. The groupset is again good stuff but nothing special. It's a 1.8 Audi A4 sort of bike: nice but nothing out of the ordinary. Probably most other names would go for £150 give or take. You have to decide how much extra you want to pay for having Colnago written on it.

As it's not priced for the name, you have a decent deal.

£150! I would buy it straight away then clean it up until you could
see your face in it and bang it on ebay for £350! How does that sound!

Back